In a move that might be an indication of the direction that insurance coverage might go, the Senate is considering a bill that may increase fertility coverage for veterans,especially those who have been injured.
The story was picked up by fox news
I am reminded a little of the book ” The World According to Garp.” While I try to keep the blog as G rated as I can (for a site that discusses reproductive issues), the conception of Garp involves a nurse and an injured veteran.
I truly feel terrible for those that have given their lives and health and futures to defend our country, it is a clear expansion of tax dollars to pay for treatments that not everyone supports.
It should not be a surprise, as the Americans for Disability act declared infertility as a Disability a few years ago. If this bill passes, though, it will send a clear message that Obamacare will cover these treatments for others as well.
What will we think of next?
- Senate Bill Would Expand Fertility Coverage for Vets (foxnews.com)
- New Bill Would Expand Fertility Coverage for Veterans [Health Care] (jezebel.com)
- Wounded veterans to be covered for in vitro fertilization under bill (bangordailynews.com)
- Bill would expand fertility coverage for veterans (sacbee.com)
- Bill would expand fertility coverage for veterans (miamiherald.com)