On it’s face, this seems amazing, doesnt it? However, according to Oregon laws on informed consent, girls as young as 15 can, as early as now, request sterilization procedures without parental consent.
This seems amazing to me, as prior to Obamacare, it would be unthinkable to offer sterilization before age 21. And even that seems young. As someone who has seen the regret in women who did these procedures young, I am saddened
This is magnified by the options available today. At least with tubal sterilization, there is always the chance that the tubes could be repaired in the future. But there are two newer methods: Essure and Adiana, which are placed without incision and completely destroy the fallopian tube in the area where the tube and the uterus meet. It is highly unlikely that any repair could be successful.
While it is unlikely that the Obama administration really anticipated this, it is not without precedent. Remember,it took an 11th hour rescue to prevent Plan B from being freely available to all women, regardless of age, without prescription or parental consent. And don for a minute think that this issue is dead. It is only a matter of time, if this administration is maintained for another 4 years, that plan B will be made fully available.
So, all of the reproductive choices are now covered: Short and long term birth control, sterilization, and abortion. All are designed to prevent the disease of pregnancy. There is nothing to prevent this at the present time. Abstinence education funding has been slashed. Why is it necessary?
The way in which sex has been denigrated now, completely divorcing the procreative aspect from the fun has lowered the human species below many other animals. Most animals only seek a mate and engage in sexual acts during the female’s estrus cycle. They only mate in an attempt to conceive. Very few animals see sex as a means of enjoyment. Perhaps we really need to think about that, and work to bring the culture of death to an end.
St Gianna, pray for us!
St Anne, Pray for us!
- Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-Year-Old Girls for Free – Without Parental Consent (happolatismiscellany.wordpress.com)
- Now ObamaCare Mandates Free Sterilization for 15-Year-Olds Without Parental Consent (moonbattery.com)
- Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-Year-Old Girls for Free–Without Parental Consent By Sabrina Gladstone (deaconforlife.blogspot.com)
- Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-Year-Old Girls for Free–Without Parental Consent (illinoisreview.typepad.com)
- Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-year-old Girls for Free – Without Parental Consent (exministries.wordpress.com)
- Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-Year-Old Girls for Free – Without Parental Consent (conservativeread.com)
- ObamaCare: Taxpayer Funded Sterilizations for 12 Year Old Girls (americanclarion.com)
- Obamacare Mandate: Sterilize 15-Year-Old Girls for Free – Without Parental Consent By Sabrina Gladstone (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- No Consent: Your Child Can Now Be Sterilized In Oregon For Free (libertycrier.com)
- Sterilization at Age 15, for free, without parental consent, brought to you by Obamacare! (servehiminthewaiting.wordpress.com)